About Giving Days
Giving days are annual events that utilize an online fundraising platform to encourage individual philanthropic giving across our region. The Bush Foundation has supported annual giving days in our region since 2009.
What We Fund
We provide funding to organizations that operate statewide giving days that can be used for a combination of operating support and funding for prizes and incentives. We give one grant per state, with at least 50% of the funding being passed on to nonprofit organizations participating in the event.
We currently support these giving days:
When selecting giving days to support, we look for organizations and events that:
- Have the experience and skills to successfully organize and host giving days in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota or the 23 Native nations that share the same geography.
- Build the capacity of participating nonprofit organizations.
- Engage community members and participant organizations to generate excitement, increase participation and celebrate annual giving.
- Grants to support giving days may be awarded to 501(c)(3) public charities or government entities.
- Organizations must be located and work within Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota or the 23 Native nations that share the same geography.
How to Apply
If you would like us to consider funding your organization’s giving day, email email@example.com a short document that describes your organization, your giving day and your vision for it moving forward. Documents should be no longer than two pages. If we currently support your giving day, you will automatically be considered for renewal and there’s no need to submit materials.
Selection Process and Timeline
The Bush Foundation will review our giving days support every other year and provide two years of funding each time. All our current giving days support will be automatically considered for renewal, alongside any new requests we receive. The next review will be in the summer of 2021 for support in calendar years 2022-2023. At that time, a small team of Bush Foundation staff will:
- Review our existing giving days support and any new proposals in July 2021.
- Reach out to any new potential partners in August 2021 to learn more about their work.
- Make decisions about our giving days support in September 2021.
- Notify organizations in September 2021.
- Make grant payments in January 2022.
We’re Here to Help
For more information, contact us at 651-379-2249 or staff@BushFoundation.org.