Fit with a Foundation program or initiative.
Does the applicant advance the goal of a Foundation program or strategic initiative?
Does the applicant support other organizations and leaders in one or more of the following ways?
- Provide critical data and analysis.
- Advance public awareness and policy solutions.
- Spread great ideas and build capacity.
- Build and support networks of leaders.
Impact on other organizations and leaders.
Does the applicant create unique and significant value for other organizations and leaders?
How the applicant operates.
Is the applicant stable and strong in terms of governance and finance?
Does the applicant operate in a way that aligns with the Bush Foundation’s operating values?
Across all our work, we are committed to addressing racial and economic equity in our region. As we review applications, we will consider whether applicants have the skills and orientation to support leaders and organizations working toward that end.
We will also consider the diversity of our portfolio across:
- Size of community served.
- Size of applicant.
- Demographics of communities served.
- Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and the 23 Native nations that share the same geography.