Fit with a Foundation program or initiative.
Does the applicant organization advance the goal of a Foundation program or strategic initiative?
Does the applicant organization support other organizations and leaders in one or more of the following ways?
- Providing critical data and analysis
- Advancing public awareness and policy
- Spreading great ideas and building capacity
- Building and supporting networks of leaders
Impact on other organizations and leaders.
Does the applicant create unique and significant value for other organizations and leaders? For example, the scale and depth of impact could be in terms of the number of organizations and leaders impacted or in terms of filling specific, critical gaps in the field.
How the applicant organization operates.
Is the applicant organization stable and strong in terms of governance and finance?
Does the applicant organization operate in a way that aligns with the Bush Foundation’s operating values?
Across all our work, we are committed to addressing racial and economic disparities. As we consider potential Ecosystem grantees, we will consider whether applicant organizations have the skills and orientation to support leaders and organizations working toward that end.
We will also consider the diversity of our portfolio across:
- Size of community served
- Size of applicant organization
- Demographics of communities served
- Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and the 23 Native nations that share the same geography.