About Media Sponsorships
We provide grant funding to a small number of nonprofit media organizations in our region each year. We do this for two main reasons. First, we know that media plays a critical role in sharing information and spreading ideas. This is essential to our region's ability to solve problems. Second, we want to spread the word about what the Bush Foundation has to offer to more people and communities that could benefit from our programs. Our partnerships with media organizations help to share these opportunities.
We are not accepting new applications for 2024. We will continue grants for organizations that have submitted proposals in the last two years.
If you would like to be notified of updates and future opportunities, please send your contact information to email@example.com.
- The applicant must be a 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Submissions will be accepted from broadcast, print, and digital media organizations.
- The organization should serve Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota or the 23 Native nations that share the same geography.
2023 Selection Criteria
As we make our decisions we will consider:
- Connection to community: We want to support organizations that are deeply engaged with the communities they serve and produce content that is relevant and useful their audiences.
- Support for problem solving: In these grants and everything that we do, we are working to support community problem solving in the region. We will consider whether the organization’s work supports this purpose - for example, by informing people about important issues and sharing stories that inspire action.
In addition to the above criteria, we are seeking a collectively diverse portfolio of media sponsorships with emphasis on those that help us to reach rural, Black, Indigenous people and other underrepresented communities.
Individual grant amounts typically range from $5,000 to $50,000.
We're here to help
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-379-2249.