We are a member of many regional and national organizations that support the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors. Our membership “dues” are often paid with a grant. In addition to annual dues, we periodically support events or special one-time opportunities hosted by these organizations.
The Bush Foundation is currently a member of these organizations:
- Asian American Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy
- Association of Black Foundation Execs
- Communications Network
- Council on Foundations
- Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP)
- Foundation Financial Officers Group
- Grantmakers for Education
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations
- Grantmakers in the Arts
- Hispanics in Philanthropy
- Independent Sector
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Council on Foundations
- Minnesota Evaluation Association
- Mission Investors Exchange
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- Native Americans in Philanthropy
- PEAK Grantmaking
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce
- Technology Association of Grantmakers
- TSNE Mission Works (Building Movement Project)
We are interested in being a member of regional or national organizations that:
- Are positioned to provide critical leadership and support for the philanthropic and/or nonprofit sector.
- Provide benefits to our staff and board for their ongoing learning and development.
- Provide data and analysis of trends in the philanthropic and/or nonprofit sector.
- Focus on areas that align with our mission or strategy.
We sometimes provide additional support for events or one-time opportunities hosted by organizations we support as a member. We will consider funding events or opportunities that:
- Are hosted in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota or the 23 Native nations that share the same geography.
- Have the potential for significant impact in the philanthropic and/or nonprofit sector.
- Advance racial equity in the philanthropic and/or nonprofit sector.
How to Apply
If you would like us to consider becoming a member of your organization, email your membership materials or a link to the membership page(s) on your website to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your organization’s mission, membership rates and member benefits. If we’re currently a member of your organization, you will automatically be considered for renewal and there’s no need to submit materials.
Selection Process and Timeline
We review our membership participation on an annual basis. All of our current memberships will be automatically considered for renewal, alongside any new requests we receive. Each year, a small team of Bush Foundation staff will:
- Review our existing memberships and any new requests in July.
- Make decisions about our organization memberships in August.
- Notify organizations in September.
- Make payments to membership organizations in January of the next calendar year.
Requests for event or special opportunity support will be accepted and reviewed periodically. Only organizations the Bush Foundation supports as a member are eligible for this funding.
We’re Here to Help
For more information or to talk with someone about memberships, email email@example.com.