People from across the region will have the opportunity to attend several high-profile, national events this year at no cost.
The Bush Foundation is funding scholarships at events where people from across the country, and around the world, come together to share ideas and connect with others working to solve problems in new ways.
"We want to make sure more people from our region are part of important national conversations," said Dominick Washington, Communications Director. "The connections people make at these events, and the ideas they inspire, will benefit their work to make our communities better for everyone. More than that, it is a great opportunity to let the world know about the amazing things happening in our region."
- MCON | JUNE 5-6, 2017 | WASHINGTON, D.C.
- Social Innovation Summit | JUNE 6-8, 2017 | CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
- Aspen Ideas Festival | JUNE 28-JULY 2, 2017 | ASPEN, COLORADO
- PopTech | OCTOBER 18-22, 2017 | CAMDEN, MAINE
- Independent Sector | OCTOBER 25-27, 2017 | DETROIT, MICHIGAN
Scholarships will cover registration, travel, lodging and meals. At each event, the Bush Foundation will host a special gathering where scholarship recipients from the region can connect. The scholarships will be administered by the organizations hosting each event; those organizations will also manage the selection process.